[AJ2019] Information Night
While it is more than 12 months away it’s important to start thinking about it now. Applications are already open and the first payment will be due early next year.
To be eligible to attend you must meet the following criteria:
- Must not have had their 15th birthday as at 2nd January 2016 ie. Date of Birth after 2nd January 2001. No extension to this age limit is allowed
- Must be a registered and invested Scout, have reached Milestone 1 in their badge work and Stage 3 in each of Bushcraft, Bushwalking and Camping by December 2018
- Must have camped under canvas as a Scout, for ten nights, at least four of these to be consecutive
- Must be considered by their parents/guardians and Scout Leader to be of both sufficient maturity and good behaviour to successfully participate in the Jamboree
- Must be recommended by their Leader
Some current Cubs will be eligible to attend subject to approval by the leaders and based on when they will be linking into the Scout Troop. Generally, only those that link during Term One 2017 will have the necessary time to complete all the requirements. Young, yet eligible cubs will be encouraged to wait for AJ2022. The information session will include details about:
- Preparing for the Jamboree
- What to expect at the Jamboree
- The cost and fundraising options
- What’s included – and lots more
When: Tuesday 14th November
Time: 7.00pm till 7:45pm (Scouts as normal 7.30pm-9.30pm)
Location: Scout Hall, King George Reserve, East Boundary Road.
This is a vitally important meeting and it’s crucial for ALL age eligible Cubs, Scouts AND respective parents/guardians to attend.